Bay Terrace Development
Bay Terrace is the latest part of THA’s redevelopment of three communities between South 18th and South 27th on Tacoma’s Hilltop. Altogether, THA demolished 104 unsightly and worn out apartments. In their place, THA has built 194 new apartments, 48 of them at Bay Terrace.
This kid-friendly community has indoor and outdoor play areas for children of all ages. Residents care for community gardens which are a prominent feature near the sidewalks that make walking to school as easy as 1-2-3.
- 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments
- More apartments affordable to a wider range of incomes
- More apartments accessible to persons with disabilities
- 6,925-square-foot community center hosting a Head Start program, computer lab, community space and management offices
- Indoor and outdoor play areas for tots to teens
- Community rooms for homework, meetings, and play
- Community gardens
- New primary and secondary utility services
- Environmentally responsible design: LEED Gold and LEED Silver
- More housing in appropriate density pursuant to city’s comprehensive plan
- Financially sustainable operations
- Attractive design
- Bigger tree canopy
- Designed for families, children, teenagers, and grandparents
- Outdoor art
- Walking distance to the coming light rail station on MLK Ave.
- Walking distance to public schools