Energy Conservation Program
In September 2022, Tacoma Power’s Conservation department is launching a new energy conservation program for rental properties with income-qualified tenants.
The new program will take a holistic approach to energy efficiency in rentals which includes an innovative incentive structure that provides the housing provider options for minimal up-front cost. Our energy specialists will audit the home, identify the conservation potential of each rental unit, and provide a recommended project scope to achieve maximum efficiency.
See if your rentals qualify now!
For the home or unit to qualify:
- Rental properties (up to 4 units per building) must be served by Tacoma Power
- Tenant’s income must fall below 80% of area median income (See income chart below)
- Main heating source is electric (forced air furnace, cadets/baseboards, or heat pump)
Qualifying energy efficient measure upgrades:
Energy efficient measures must be installed by a Tacoma Power Participating Trade Ally.
To qualify for upgrades, existing insulation must be:
- Attic: R-11 (4 inches) or less
- Walls: R-0 (none)
- Floor: R-11 (4 inches) or less
To qualify for window upgrades, existing must be:
- Existing single pane windows with wood or metal frames
- Existing single pane windows with storm windows
To qualify for central or ductless heat pump:
- Existing main heating source is electric forced air, baseboards, and cadets
To learn more about the special offers for low-income rental homes, email Sara Bowles at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tacoma Power 2022 Income Chart
|Household Size||Maximum Monthly Pre-tax income|