Public Notice of THA’s Lease and Property Management Policies
Tacoma Housing Authority (THA) is changing the funding of its homes under Public Housing to a project-based voucher through a program called RAD. This change in funding will mean a few good things for our communities:
- THA will update its properties using $40 million in private dollars.
- Over the next 18 months, each home will receive some upgrades. This is one of the reasons there have been so many inspections recently.
- We will improve the exterior painting at Salishan, the community rooms and hallways at our high-rise buildings, the playground equipment at Bergerson Terrace and Dixon Village, and the landscaping at all of our properties.
- With these upgrades, rent will remain the same (unless there has or have been a household change that would cause a change in rent calculation).
- After 12 months on this new program, households will be eligible to move to another home in Tacoma with a Housing Opportunity Program (HOP) voucher. This program is similar to Section 8.