Tacoma Housing Authority Will Continue to Operate During Pandemic
This pandemic is hard on everyone. We all have to adjust. The Governor has ordered people to stay home. But essential services remain open. Tacoma Housing Authority and the housing we provide is essential, so we will remain working. Yet we are changing how we do that to keep everyone safe and to keep serving you.
For up-to-date information on how the Tacoma Housing Authority is responding to the Coronavirus Pandemic, please visit the Continuity of Operations plan linked above. If you have a question, you may call or email your housing specialist.
We have closed all lobbies and common areas in our properties and offices (3/14/2020)
We have canceled all events and non-essential meetings at our properties (3/12/2020)
We have stopped inspections, except for emergencies and initial inspections.
Keeping You Housed
We are determined to keep you housed. We will continue to pay our share of your rent to your landlord. We know you may have trouble paying your share, especially if you have lost income. Here are some things that may help:
- We may be able to reduce your share of the rent. You can request a rent reduction online. If you need help doing this, call us.
- The Governor has banned evictions for nonpayment of rent until August 1st. He also banned other evictions unless they are necessary for health and safety reasons. If you get an eviction notice, please call your housing specialist.
- Ask your landlord to be flexible and understanding.
- Call 211 and ask for other types of assistance.
- Under new state rules, you can apply for unemployment benefits right away.
- Tacoma Public Utilities users now have 12 weeks instead of 15 days to pay their bill.