Alberta J Canada LLLP Renovations
Starting in December 2017, the Alberta J Canada building at 11th & MLK received a face lift.
The work included:
- New siding – removing the existing exterior shell and replacing it with brick veneer, glazed thin brick and cement fiber board.
- Refurbishing the steel canopy with a new glass cover and new lighting.
- Replacing apartment windows with new sliding vinyl windows.
- Replacing the storefront window with new frames and glazing.
- Recovering the roof.
- Upgrading the existing courtyard and enlarging the tenant entry to include a small lounge and new manager’s office.
- Converting six residential units into ADA units.
- Creating a new second-floor community room with access to the central courtyard.
- Upgrading the first-floor commercial space and installing an Automatic Teller Machine at the corner of MLK and 11th.