Alberta J Canada LLLP Renovations
Alberta J Canada complex is located at the corner of South 11th Street and MLK in Tacoma. The property has 49 units, a mix of 2 and 1 bedrooms located in one four-story building. Approximately 12,000 sf is located on the first floor and is used as retail and commercial space and also provides the main entrance for residents of the rental housing. The rental housing includes a community room and interior courtyard space for resident use and enjoyment. The property was developed using Low Income Housing Tax Credits in 1999.
Starting in December 2017, the Alberta J Canada building at 11th & MLK received a face lift. The work included:
- New siding – removing the existing exterior shell and replacing it with brick veneer, glazed thin brick and cement fiber board.
- Refurbishing the steel canopy with a new glass cover and new lighting.
- Replacing apartment windows with new sliding vinyl windows.
- Replacing the storefront window with new frames and glazing.
- Recovering the roof.
- Upgrading the existing courtyard and enlarging the tenant entry to include a small lounge and new manager’s office.
- Converting six residential units into ADA units.
- Creating a new second-floor community room with access to the central courtyard.
- Upgrading the first-floor commercial space and installing an Automatic Teller Machine at the corner of MLK and 11th.